Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:05 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I broke my spine...
PostPosted:  

on my Urantia Book. :smile: Would anyone recommend a good version to buy. Mine has the topic index which I love to peruse. Is the leather edition any sturdier?

I'm gonna fix mine up and give it to my mom when I go back to GA on thanksgiving. I think she will enjoy reading the book, but I gotta tell her to keep it on the down low since she lives with my fundamentalist sister, and my other fundie sisters will be there as well. :smile:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peace.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I couldn't live without my index so I definitely recommend the Uversa Press edition from the Fellowship. Not only for the index, but the 2 column formatting is easier to read and the Paper:Section.Paragraph reference system is very handy. They also now include a free DVD with the mp3 audio files of the book, so that's a big bonus for the technology inclined.

I have the 50th anniversary leather edition from the Fellowship and I really wouldn't recommend it for daily use. It's very beautiful and sturdy enough for occasional reference use, but I don't think it would stand up well to a heavy study routine. Of course it also costs significantly more than the standard hardcover so you're probably better off spending less money and getting a copy you won't mind beating up so much. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the input. I will heed your advice, because I do try to read some everyday.
Peace,
John

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]