Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 4:54 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Anonymous wrote:
Peter -
Thanks for responding. Since I am the new kid on the block, I am still learning what goes on here. Are we a really a "community" as Big Bro suggests or do we all have our own seperate agenda's, eager to foist our own views on others, as Miz has complained about in her latest post.

Me, I am basicly kind of easy going, but I don't take well to being told what to do, or for that matter, what to believe. I have lived a life, rich with experinces of the Spirit. And what I am looking for is a place to let my hair down, relax and chat about matters most to me, doing God's will. But I have to say I haven't really found that environment here.

I agree with you, I too would like to have that environment so that one could chat about matters that mean alot to oneself. Sharing is a wonderful thing, especially when you can share with someone that will listen. Anytime you want to share I will share with you. I am a person of that has had her share of lifes experiences with the Spirits.
Anytime, just let me know.
Thanks
Rantowac

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This sharing idea is at times looked upon as suspicious or fabricated. It's only when it is so real to the individual and there is a touching of anothers similar encounters does this fair well.

It is very important to me to have a sharing of the events in ones spiritual developements. It is confirmation that ALL IS WELL. and, WHEN WE SHARE WITH ONEANOTHER WE ENFORCE WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE UBOOK. We have gone past the acedemic and envolved our minds and lives in the heavens doings.

Bless and hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi everyone, I was a little surprised at the feelings expressed. For me, this has always been "Home". Please know that you are amoung friends, nay, you are amoung family, and I think you understand that dynamic! :shock: Yes, we get a little rough and tumble in some areas, about certain topics, but when you come here to share with us, something important and or personal, we do try to provide an arm for your shoulder, and compassion or support as needed. That, after all is what families do! :smile:

If we miss our mark, please let us know, at least in a pm, so we can do better. :wink:
Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject: Angels in the out field
PostPosted:  

Rantowac that story you related was totally credible to me.

I had a simular experience when I was afill placement coordinator on the Warm Springs Dam project. I worked the night shift for two years. I was the only person on foot. everyone else was on heavy equiptment. The person whose place I took was killed when a large Road Grader didn't see him and backed over him with the blade about 8 inches off the ground and spread him into the dirt. I had just finnished a short job and put my name on the out of work list at the union. I was number 412. 411 men passed on the job and I got it. There was a superstition about taking a dead man's job. I didn't give it a second thought. I needed the work.

One night it was foggy and as I spotted the dumps of material for Euclids (Large trucks carrying over 100 tons of dirt. I had my back to one when I turned around I was in the path of a 10 to 12 ft. high wheel about 2 feet thick. I could see the driver was yelling and screaming and banging his hard hat on the dash. His face red and he was jumping up on down in the huge cab of the truck. He threw his hat against the Wind shield so hard he broke. I couldn't hear a thing but the wheel was a few feet away from crushing me to death. I was almost under his tire. In that same instant I jumped back and the tire passed a about 6 inches from my feet and face.

After my racing heart slowed down and I was recalling what happened I realized something. My legs were just ever so slightly bent when I jumped. I thought about it and I realized that if I would'vr have bent my knees so I could jump back I couldn't have done it in time. I would have been crushed. I just couldn't understand it. So I rationalized that I must of had so much adrenaline that I must have snapped the slight bend in my knees so hard and quick that it must have sprang me backwards out of the path of the truck. I tested my theory a couple of times bending my knees slightly and even a little more, than a lot more than they were bent and I could'nt get close to replicating the foot and a half I sprang backwards out of the path of certain death. I didn't feel anything lift me up. I know mt ming thought I jumped but I also remember clearly looking down and jumping with my legs straight. Go Figure.

It was like the movie "Angels in the out field", only not as dramatic as the distances portrayed in the movie. I'm not saying it was an Angel. But there isn't really a natural physical explanation for how I moved. I don't know what it was but from other stories I've heard I think it may have been an Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Joe, I've heard of many unexplainable life-saving interventions like the one you described, including my own experience which I described somewhere here on this site - I think maybe in Abners. At the time, I attributed my intervention as angelic as I had not yet been introduced to the UB and had only my catechism training as a reference point. Perhaps midwayers are involved. How, why, and when non-material beings like an angelic pair or midwayers intervene in such cases has always fascinated me and is on the top of my list of questions to ask when I arrive on the mansion worlds. My experience was both perplexing and amazingly uplifting that it gives me pause even today as I recall it.

Anyone have any thoughts on what limitations might be imposed from on high on our guardian angels? How, why and when can they intervene in physical life-saving events - or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

RayOk said:
Quote:
My experience was both perplexing and amazingly uplifting that it gives me pause even today as I recall it.

Me too. I like your posts Ray. A lot of good uplifting message in them. God Bless you. And may the Spirit continue to guide you.
amen

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

RayOK wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on what limitations might be imposed from on high on our guardian angels? How, why and when can they intervene in physical life-saving events - or not?

I can only speculate, but I believe it has to do with something of importance in our lives left undone. I think that includes service opportunities like you and Joer are providing here and in your lives.

I've had a couple of near misses as well. I won't bore you with entire stories, but one in particular where a huge boat I was working under came crashing down within seconds of my sliding out from under it...(still gives me goose bumps!!!)
Bro Dave
:wink:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Regarding angelic limitation imposed from on high- One, is No mating with the humans. Another is the possibility of a 'physical(Actually spirit cross circuit or short circuit or something of that order) injury while in service which would limit some activities.

The training program for angels is very replete and done with expert supervision-hence there are limitations and directions for sucessful human involvement-which of course is to lead the human to contact and eventual full fledge envolvement with the spirit within(TA.)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I could'nt find any restrictions. Where did you find yours Carl?

Thanks, Joe :smile:

P.421 - §0 the seraphic worlds of the Salvington circuit. Their central training school is now presided over by the first one hundred thousand Nebadon seraphim, and at their head is the original or first-born angel of this local universe. The first created group of Nebadon seraphim were trained by a corps of one thousand seraphim from Avalon; subsequently our angels have been taught by their own seniors. The Melchizedeks also have a large part in the education and training of all local universe angels--seraphim, cherubim, and sanobim.

P.558 - §2 In traversing the ascending scale of living existence from mortal man to the Deity embrace, you actually live the very life of every possible phase and stage of perfected creature existence within the limits of the present universe age. From mortal man to Paradise finaliter embraces all that now can be--encompasses everything presently possible to the living orders of intelligent, perfected finite creature beings. If the future destiny of the Paradise finaliters is service in new universes now in the making, it is assured that in this new and future creation there will be no created orders of experiential beings whose lives will be wholly different from those which mortal finaliters have lived on some world as a part of their ascending training, as one of the stages of their agelong progress from animal to angel and from angel to spirit and from spirit to God.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Joe, I like your P. 558 citation here and it was also apropo at the Tookie post.

I like to think that our opportunities for service to each have not really been restricted from on high in any manner - at least none that have imposed a hardship on me - I'm free to be as kind and loving as I opt at any given moment. Therefore, by extension, I can't really imagine any restriction that might be imposed on our guardian angels to be of service in their watchcare of us.

I wonder if they ever have the opportunity to be of service to each other in the manner that humans are of service to each other? Do they experience sorrow when we fail and is it observed by their peers? Are they then bouyed by members of their same order other than than their paired partner when going through the difficult trials we put them through? I think they must so that is why I always try to remember them in my prayers - I know I've let them down often enough but hopefully their role in guiding me to the UB teachings has lightened their load in some manner.

Let's have a hearty round of applause for all of our guardian angel pairs!! Thank you for your service!
All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Lord Bless our Guardian Angels. Give them emotional physical and spiritual strenght to gird them through our failures and make their joy and happiness repleat at our successes! ThanK You for your guidance Ray :smile:
In the name of Jesus Christ Michael our Lord and Savior I pray!
Amen

You have good questions Ray. I'll give my beliefs in italics then I'll look them up.
Quote:
I wonder if they ever have the opportunity to be of service to each other in the manner that humans are of service to each other? Yes

P.285 - §2 Angels are the ministering-spirit associates of the evolutionary and ascending will creatures of all space; they are also the colleagues and working associates of the higher hosts of the divine personalities of the spheres. The angels of all orders are distinct personalities and are highly individualized. They all have a large capacity for appreciation of the ministrations of the reversion directors. Together with the Messenger Hosts of Space, the ministering spirits enjoy seasons of rest and change; they possess very social natures and have an associative capacity far transcending that of human beings.
P.285 - §11 The individual members of the angelic orders are not altogether stationary as to personal status in the universe. Angels of certain orders may become Paradise Companions for a season; some become Celestial Recorders; others ascend to the ranks of the Technical Advisers. Certain of the cherubim may aspire to seraphic status and destiny, while evolutionary seraphim can achieve the spiritual levels of the ascending Sons of God.
They contribute much that is helpful to the mutual understanding of these two unique orders of universe creatures--the one being the highest type of divine and perfect will creature, and the other, the perfected evolution of the lowest type of will creature in all the universe of universes.
Quote:
Do they experience sorrow when we fail and is it observed by their peers? Yes

P.419 - §1 Angels do not have material bodies, but they are definite and discrete beings; they are of spirit nature and origin. Though invisible to mortals, they perceive you as you are in the flesh without the aid of transformers or translators; they intellectually understand the mode of mortal life, and they share all of man's nonsensuous emotions and sentiments. They appreciate and greatly enjoy your efforts in music, art, and real humor. They are fully cognizant of your moral struggles and spiritual difficulties.
Quote:
Are they then bouyed by members of their same order other than than their paired partner when going through the difficult trials we put them through? Yes

P.286 - §6 The supernaphim are the skilled ministers to all types of beings who sojourn on Paradise and in the central universe. These high angels are created in three major orders: primary, secondary, and tertiary.
P.287 - §1 Primary supernaphim are the exclusive offspring of the Conjoint Creator. They divide their ministry about equally between certain groups of the Paradise Citizens and the ever-enlarging corps of ascendant pilgrims. These angels of the eternal Isle are highly efficacious in furthering the essential training of both groups of Paradise dwellers.
Quote:
I think they must so that is why I always try to remember them in my prayers - Amen

P.419 - §1 They love human beings, and only good can result from your efforts to understand and love them.
P.419 - §5 You do well to love them,
but you should not adore them; angels are not objects of worship. The great seraphim, Loyalatia, when your seer "fell down to worship before the feet of the angel," said: "See that you do it not; I am a fellow servant with you and with your races, who are all enjoined to worship God."
Quote:
I know I've let them down often enough but hopefully their role in guiding me to the UB teachings has lightened their load in some manner.
Ray have you ever noticed how you feel when you help someone out? I look forward to opportuities to help someone out now. And many times they really don't know what a blessing it is for me to be able to help out. I think the angels are glad to help you Ray! :o

P.419 - §4 Angels are superior to you in spiritual status, but they are not your judges or accusers. No matter what your faults, "the angels, although greater in power and might, bring no accusation against you." Angels do not sit in judgment on mankind, neither should individual mortals prejudge their fellow creatures.
Quote:
Ray would you go with yours on the final voyage of eternity?

P.348 - §6 Many of the faithful seraphic guardians of mortals are permitted to go through the ascendant career with their human wards, and many of these guardian angels, after becoming Father fused, join their subjects in taking the finaliter oath of eternity and forever accept the destiny of their mortal associates. Angels who pass through the ascending experience of mortal beings may share the

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Joe,
I am indebt to the unending service and love my friend has bestoyed on me during the travels within to the Fathers table. We have embraced more than once and it was during this completeness my simple thoughts went to propergating with this grand one( I am sexual, even at 69---a male trait...). Hence the no mating thing. Also have witnessed a rare event when an angel on a mission ran amuck in the travel circuits and ceased to be. It was most upsetting. Its hard to believe but things can get fouled up, even in heaven. Times are changing and much of the past is to be brought into focus with recent events, info and such.

Hugs, C

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks Joe. You are most diligent and very thoughtful with your documented replies to questions. Both long-time students of the UB and those who visit this site who are new to their UB studies will benefit. Great job.

Yes, after studying Bill Sadler Jr's phenomenal papers on the Master Universe, I can't imagine a more glorious future for any of us than service in eternity and what a kick it would be to be to have "T" join me in this adventure; "T" is my affectionate nickname for my guardian angel.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My sister said you can pray to your guardian angel and ask to know their name. She prayed for a long time and said her's finally revealed it's name to her.

Has anyone else heard of that? Carl does you friend reveal his/her name to you?

Thanks, Joer

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

:smile: Update as of 12/20/05. Angelic personality mentioned surveying the needs of my recent house purchase could have been of a young woman/ couple who bought the house yesterday- She is due anyday- interesting.

Accountant says the house flip was a breakeven after taxes- super, nice to help young folks out-yes ,expenses are covered/my work efforts not if I count coffees from Duncan Donuts and the like-

Hugs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next