Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:33 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

I'm sure it's true that my first husband had some form of guardian angel that could have ministered to his needs had he had the faith to ask for it. I'm quite certain he did not have such a faith. The point of my story is that I did have the faith to ask and the angels did (in my belief) act on my sincere faith. It's possible that it was all a big coincidence and that my angels had nothing to do with it. I won't know that for sure until I can ask them in person. Since my husband would never have believed in angelic ministry I never told him about it.

I agree that if the angels did help they likely performed this service for my benefit. When I remember the Master's promise about the certainty of response when one seeks, asks and knocks, the whole experience shines in my memory as a prayer answered. For me it was their way of affirming my faith because I had enough faith to ask for the help of angels, knowing for certain that they are real and there and able to respond.

To answer your question, my late husband came to find the book in jail because some wonderful and longtime readers in that area, who happened to have professional access to the inmates, initiated a study group there. He called and asked me to bring the money to purchase the book at one of our visits and then wouldn't let me leave without taking the book with me. It was another prayer answered and another story for another day.

About beliefs and goals, it seems to me that we will never be able to agree on a goal if we can't agree on a reason (or belief) to have such a goal. For instance; from my understanding of the teachings of the UB, mankind will hardly be able to create the Brotherhood of Man without first having a basic belief in the Fatherhood of God. The realization of brotherhood being predicated on the belief in a common spiritual parent.

I'm curious, what would you suggest should be the goal of a forum such as this? Truthbook's goal was to create it, which we did. What happens after that is up to those who come here and the sky is the limit.

Love....Paula

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi Paula!
Quote:
I'm curious, what would you suggest should be the goal of a forum such as this?

Well, in your own terms, a goal could be to inform the world about the fatherhood of God. Or a goal could be the study of The URANTIA Book.

UBRON ostensibly has a goal, and that is to spread the virus of love to the world, and all members sign onto that. But, of course, many likely sign on with all the sincerity as when one checks \"I Agree\" to the legal terms for some download.

Obviously, if a group is to be truly goal oriented, the members must be sincere. And when a member shows lack of sincerity (or a personal agenda) then I would imagine such a group would want to utilize the Jesus-style conflict resolution described in the Section on \"Forgiveness\".

Now don't get the idea that I am recommending these goals for this forum. These are just examples of possibilities.
Peter

Post subject: Guardian Angel
PostPosted:  
:smile: :-x Has anyone ever seen there guadian angel and been able to hold a conversation with them? I've always been curious about Angels. Wondered what they really look like and how many are around or assigned to each individual on earth.

Post subject: Guardian Angel Stories
PostPosted:  
Hello All -

I started reading the Urantia Book again tonight, and looking for online information regarding the book led me to this forum. I'd like to share my own personal guardian angel story.

About 10 years ago, I had just quit a, um, smoking habit, and was having trouble sleeping. So one night I went to an all night dance club since I wasn't going to get any sleep anyway.

I got out of the club about 6 or 7 in the morning and was driving home when a bad rain storm hit. The car I was driving didn't have working windshield wipers ('72 Camaro, what do ya expect?) so I couldn't see a whole lot. I was driving on the freeway probably going about 45 or 50 mph.

I should say that most of what passes for thought inside my head isn't expressed in proper English. Or at least not in complete sentances anyway. So, what I was thinking was something along the lines of: rain..... bad...... can't see....... foggy....... bad.......

And then suddenly I heard a voice say \"Pete, you are going to die\". There was a definate sense of urgency to the message. I rolled down my window, stuck my head outside into the rain, and saw that I was heading for a concrete wall.

I was able to avoid the wall and took the next exit off the freeway to pull over and wait, shaking like a leaf, in my car until the rain stopped. And then I drove home.

I wouldn't have thought I was going fast enough to have gotten myself killed, but given the information I received I have to believe that's what was going to happen. In my own defense that's the one and only time in my life I have heard a voice in my head! You can call it intuition, you can call it an instinct for self-preservation, you can call it what you will. But I definately got the feeling that someone was watching out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
yeah Kosmos and that somone who is watching you has always been there all along. good things happening Kosmos.

Meta
eventually clear yourself (or not) of your Earth plane conditions......

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

While competing in hs swim meet(co-cap of team) relay anchor leg I almost jumped the touch off. At the last lap turn I heard a voice, " well I guess its Ok..its his last race". I went from second to way out first place and set record hs still has today.(50 yrs old?) It also garnered two scholorships one to Lasalle and one to Lafette-neither were taken-I went to state school-shop teacher-no swim team even though promised by recruiter by second year strange. then, normal now.-and was a non-reader/non writer to boot).

Several other encounters with my dual friend as lifes trial and tribs unfolded. Most recently regarding this truthbook site. Lots of exposure during the early quest inward to His table. One rememberable one was a 'training facility" for our friends. Another was a horific(it set me back greatly) happening were a divine friend had gotten messed up with circuitry. Though the guardian is often thought of as one it will come to pass there is a duality about their person/later as they accomplish their assigned tasks with the human/divine cordinations a more singular/angel of great standing is accomplied to the human.

I often conceived of angels in early times as a type of human structred being-arms/legs/etc. Later this gave way to energy the 'persons' and even in a fun way I related to them as so loyal and affectionate as to be like a favorite golden retriver-this led to a lot of kidding type manefestations that I have many times regreted having thought in this direction-and we get along just fine.

The angelic assistance is totally dedicated to the setting in motion the circumstances to have the human and TA within become one.

Seek first the kingdom within and then... fear not...pledge to do Gods will...be persistant!

hugs, cm

Angelic affection is so closely related to the LOVE of god within it can be somewhat confusing-its all beautiful though and will be much appreciated by the loving human... His hugs to you...cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Well, I know I have an angel or two around me. Whether i pick up on mine and those of my children -- I don't know.

I've never really held a "one on one" conversation with mine, but it's presence is very much felt. In many hard trials, and times of tears my angel has consoled me. I know that my angel is with me, and watching as my life unfolds. I know that he/she ( i hate the word it ) is trying to help me accomplish all that I can in this life.

I also know and feel the comfort of my childrens angels or gaurdians. I have many times asked aloud a request for my children and it has been answered within moments. No lie.

We may not be able to hold conversations like you and I do, but with practise and faith you can learn how to communicate on another level and with great faith in how it works.

Now, for a personal story ( it may be a little long) but I will share a time with you, that whether an "angel" of God, or a human used like an angel, this man saved my life.

It was my 19th birthday. As many of you know I haven't had the easiest of times growing up. During that time i was running from my past, my fears, my demons, and my God. I stayed drunk continuously. It definitly numbed my pain.

Anyways, that night me and my 2 roomies " were going out clubbing. I for some reason said i would be the designated driver. HA yea right.
Anyways, As i sat at a table in the club alone drinking, I noticed a young man standing and just watching me. There was something about him. Right off he struck me as "out of place". Unlike the rest of us, dressed for a night on the town, he was dressed in a black suit, with a white shirt. He stood with hands crossed in front clasped together, and just continue to look my way.

Being the bold type i was, and curious.... I simply walked up to him and asked who he was. He said his name was AJ".
K, no biggie, i was still intrigues so i asked him to join me. He didn't drink but just sat with me. I think i may have talked the entire time, all the while drinking way past my limit.

Late night came, and my friends came to get me to go. I was totally "gone". Gone enough that i had no problems getting in the car with my 2 buds and trying to drive an hour or so home. None of us remember AJ actually getting in the car with us. To my knowledge he wasn't there.

ON the way home, I was going to stop at a gas station, being as drunk as I was i almost slammed right into the gas tanks, but luckily missed them. I went in to buy smokes, and the lady at the counter said she would call the cops if i proceeded to get back behind the wheel.

Behind me i heard a voice that said "I'll drive them home". It was AJ.
So, i stumbled back to the car, laid back in the passenger seat and AJ drove us home. We didnt' know him, never told him where we lived, we had all passed out by this time, but when i was woken up, I was home. AJ helped us all 3 into the house.

The next morning we were very apologetic, AJ was the kindest gentlyman I had ever met. He simply asked that we drive him home. We drove the hour or so back into florida, he motioned us into a subdivision and said drop me here. It was right in between 2 houses, we were still in the street but he asked to be let out.

He smiled and wished us well, and left the car. As we were driving off, we realized we wanted his number -- for future thanks etc.,.,--- though only a few seconds had passed when we turned around he was gone.
The yards to all the houses were big, there was no way he could've made it inside in that little of time.
We checked the club again and again, but no one remembered him, nor had ever heard of him.

To this day I simply remember him as my angel AJ, who saved my life.

Many blessings
Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

What a wonderful story, Angel. I got chills reading it. :)

I've had a few in my life as well, but nothing to compare to your experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

ganid
All happenings with our devoted unseen friends are worthy of sharing . I hope you will when time is right for you.
hugs, cm

Guardian angels are highly affectionate, bording on true love.

While playing with my sons new black lab of some 10-12 weeks the pup seemed to really take a liking to me. I must confess I too kinda got caught up with its puppy warmth.

Two evenings ago I was awaken by a dream picture of the pup, tucked under my arm and looking up at me. I could FEEL its presence.

You say angel-puppy dogs-they're are not the same, carl> Ah but they can and often do share an affection that tugs at the heart. Here, I believe the angel looking over me used the pup sequence to express 'her' desires of fondest affection. And I actually felt the presence.!

hugs, cm (I, with others here have been meeting to work on a plan of UB outreach-coincidently. This time not spoken wordsby the guardian but real feelings-best and hard to beat in this life!.. and what a confirmation to continue working on UB project(s)

hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Again another angelic presentation. It happened on Sunday afternoon --I had traveled over to check a new realestate purchase and while overserving the land areas from my comfortable bucketseat old van I fell into a rather deep, comfortable sleep(I'm enjoying the afternoon snooze at age 69). All of a sudden I'm awaken by the noisest old black crow flying closely by and I open my eyes and there she stands about20-25 feet away to my front left, clipboard in hand and smiling-bingo and she goes. The crow flys on by in sequence.

As background to this I had talked with my partner in this venture and stated the client we had lined up to buy the place could probably need a bit of help to afford it. The client family is presently living in a cottage with two small bedrooms-there are three boys and a girl and the couple-a real crowd. Our property has four bedrooms, fireplace, an acre, garage -it does need fixing but very liveable right now.. I'm planning on helping where ever its possible.

Do angels show up now and then?- you betcha! I think I have to be awake in a neutral spirit mode to take in the action. Super.!!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Carl, sounds like you're doing a little angelic work yourself! Maybe she just stopped my to pick up a few pointers! :wink:
Good Job!
Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Actually Dave,

Last nights dream pic was a scene of me rather exposed to the 'outside world " with the angelic meeting report. To me this is rather alerting, yet funny --almost comical so many feel angelic beings are really not real-just there but unseen. that "unseen friends" UB thing has truth but needs to be updated for those of us who are trying to proceed by beleaving what we read and wanting it to be real. We get what we beleave. Beleave it or not (Ripley?).
c

Dave,

I'm no angel, trust me on that one. What's interesting is the partners attitude about helping as need be. He started to come around and then came back with,"I need the money" thoughts- Idon't think he knows that helping someone now repays many fold down the line. I would like to show him how it really works/by example. Yes I must keep good business sense too. We'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe our angels are very happy to be 'noticed' and acknowledged in our daily affairs.

It is what they are here for, and I think they are happy when we reach the point that we finally "acknowledge" their part within our lives.

The same as learning and putting into practise the idea and truth that God is with you daily. Not way up in the sky -- taking prayers here and there.
But with you. Moment to moment.

Once you begin to understand it, believe it, and put it into being.... life changes. It is how you become a spiritual being living in a material place. Balancing it out evenly and healthy the way God wishes of us.
Just my thoughts on it all
Blessings
Angel

The Urantia Book

'Laus Deo"

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Updatre re: Angelic with clipboard- must have been the prospective purchashers. Deal fell throught-too much to do on property for prospects $ bid-

I guess addage Best plans of mice and men oft go astray---will keep looking for a buyer who could use a little boost to get things going..
Hugs, cm

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Anonymous wrote:
On page 1246c of The URANTIA Book is says "They [Seraphim] do not, therefore, intrude into the picture of human drama except in emergencies and then usally on direct orders of their superiors."

I have to agree with you on this one. There was a situation that I was going over to a friends house one night. She was very upset and needed me to talk to. So on my way over there I was being very careful, because I can't see well after dark, I encountered something very strange. I came up to a red light and I stopped. There were no other vehicles in sight. Just as the light changed to green, I put my foot on the pedal and started to go. All of a sudden my car came to a quick stop. I thought what is going on! Just then I heard a car speeding through the red light. They were in one big hurry. I just set back and said Thank you very much. I could have been in a very serious wreck if my car had not came to that abrupt stop, that night.
They do look out for you, even when you don't think so.
Thank you,
Rantowac

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next