Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:35 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: the god of all creation
PostPosted:  

Page 21 THE Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings.

well, that's good to know.

Page 21 First think of God as a creator, then as a controller, and lastly as an infinite upholder.

well, at least they have some ideas about who they think he is. i had no idea who god was before i started reading tub.

Page 21 The truth about the Universal Father had begun to dawn upon mankind when the prophet said: "You, God, are alone; there is none beside you. You have created the heaven and the heaven of heavens, with all their hosts; you preserve and control them. By the Sons of God were the universes made. The Creator covers himself with light as with a garment and stretches out the heavens as a curtain."

i like it when they compare their own writings to the bible, i wouldn't do it, as the bible is not as good a writing. but they give some credence to the bible that i wouldn't have caught onto.

Page 21 Only the concept of the Universal Father--one God in the place of many gods--enabled mortal man to comprehend the Father as divine creator and infinite controller.

i hope this "divine creator and infinite controller" can help me in some way. i'm very tired and ill from sinning. i don't think it's hard to believe in one god, there must be a first, it's heavily symbolic in this world.

page 21 The myriads of planetary systems were all made to be eventually inhabited by many different types of intelligent creatures, beings who could know God, receive the divine affection, and love him in return.

i'd like to be able to accomplish this, "know God, receive the divine affection, and love him in return."

page 21 The universe of universes is the work of God and the dwelling place of his diverse creatures.

work, work, work, i hope he did a good job.

page 21 "God created the heavens and formed the earth; he established the universe and created this world not in vain; he formed it to be inhabited."

he did did he?

page 21 The enlightened worlds all recognize and worship the Universal Father, the eternal maker and infinite upholder of all creation.

worship on.

page 21 The will creatures of universe upon universe have embarked upon the long, long Paradise journey, the fascinating struggle of the eternal adventure of attaining God the Father.

fascinating might not be the best word, i'm thinking "very painful" here.

page 21 The transcendent goal of the children of time is to find the eternal God, to comprehend the divine nature, to recognize the Universal Father.

looking forward to it.

page 21 God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy.

i'm working on it.

page 21 From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, "Be you perfect, even as I am perfect."

no small task.

page 21 In love and mercy the messengers of Paradise have carried this divine exhortation down through the ages and out through the universes, even to such lowly animal-origin creatures as the human races of Urantia.

thanks much. :?: :idea: :roll: :cry:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Amen! Froggy Amen!

Post subject: Well Froggy,
PostPosted:  

Quote:
...page 21 From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, "Be you perfect, even as I am perfect."

no small task

There is a synonym for 'Perfect' the word can also mean mature.

8)

Jesus's peace be with you

Post subject: Re: Well Froggy,
PostPosted:  

i'm working on maturity too, wish me luck. i've got to get back on track after my debacle.

but perfect could incorporate alot of words and ideas, i think there's a reason god chose this particular word in his speech. actually my favorite idea behind perfection is perfect self-control: line 180: Havona exhibits finality of spirit values existing as living will creatures of supreme and perfect self-control; mind existing as ultimately equivalent to spirit; reality and unity of intelligence with an unlimited potential.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER 143 - GOING THROUGH SAMARIA, Oct 19 2000

line 52: The Master was a perfected specimen of human self-control. When he was reviled, he reviled not; when he suffered, he uttered no threats against his tormentors; when he was denounced by his enemies, he simply committed himself to the righteous judgment of the Father in heaven.

i think self-control is probably the highest concept and most important one to achieving perfection when you're talking about words that are incorporated into the concept of perfection.

Quote:
There is a synonym for 'Perfect' the word can also mean mature.

:shock: :o :( :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I like the idea of striving for perfection. Just the act of doing that seems to be perfect in and of itself.

P.558 - §2 In traversing the ascending scale of living existence from mortal man to the Deity embrace, you actually live the very life of every possible phase and stage of perfected creature existence within the limits of the present universe age. From mortal man to Paradise finaliter embraces all that now can be--encompasses everything presently possible to the living orders of intelligent, perfected finite creature beings. If the future destiny of the Paradise finaliters is service in new universes now in the making, it is assured that in this new and future creation there will be no created orders of experiential beings whose lives will be wholly different from those which mortal finaliters have lived on some world as a part of their ascending training, as one of the stages of their agelong progress from animal to angel and from angel to spirit and from spirit to God.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]