Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:35 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I have always wondered about exactly where the second garden might have been located between the rivers, and looking at them today I tend to think it might have been where the rivers were closest together. But then we cannot assume that the courses of the Tigris and Euphrates are the same today as they were 37,000 years ago, so I could be wrong about that. The main reason I'm curious about it is that Adam and Eve were buried in the temple of the Garden.

They were both buried in the center of the temple of divine service which had been built in accordance with their plans soon after the wall of the colony had been completed. And this was the origin of the practice of burying noted and pious men and women under the floors of the places of worship.

So there was a temple there, and perhaps an archeological dig might find it, if it were known where to look, but then turbulent things are going on in those parts, and it would be quite difficult to secure a dig site, or even to get permission for one. I have seen here a thread about re-creating the Adamic genome, and various possible means of doing that, none of them really practical, but it seems to me that if that temple of the Second garden could be found, and the remains of Adam and Eve found as well, DNA could be recovered. The remains would not be hard to identify as they were both over 8 ft in height.

I'm quite sure I'm not the first to post about this, but I've been thinking about it for years, and have to wonder what others might think.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Yeah Amy. Knowing their bones are buried somewhere in Iraq is soo tantalizing, but so impossible to locate. Maybe when regional politics change and the UB's revelations are widely accepted, an expedition can/will begin.

Attachment:
G2 TB.png
G2 TB.png [ 122.93 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

A novel based in Papers 74-76: The Gardens of Eden - Life and Times of Adam and Eve https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1707553653/

PostPosted:  

So Exciting!!!! Thanks Rick.

PostPosted:  

AmyLewis wrote:
I have always wondered about exactly where the second garden might have been located between the rivers, and looking at them today I tend to think it might have been where the rivers were closest together. But then we cannot assume that the courses of the Tigris and Euphrates are the same today as they were 37,000 years ago, so I could be wrong about that. The main reason I'm curious about it is that Adam and Eve were buried in the temple of the Garden.

They were both buried in the center of the temple of divine service which had been built in accordance with their plans soon after the wall of the colony had been completed. And this was the origin of the practice of burying noted and pious men and women under the floors of the places of worship.

So there was a temple there, and perhaps an archeological dig might find it, if it were known where to look, but then turbulent things are going on in those parts, and it would be quite difficult to secure a dig site, or even to get permission for one. I have seen here a thread about re-creating the Adamic genome, and various possible means of doing that, none of them really practical, but it seems to me that if that temple of the Second garden could be found, and the remains of Adam and Eve found as well, DNA could be recovered. The remains would not be hard to identify as they were both over 8 ft in height.

I'm quite sure I'm not the first to post about this, but I've been thinking about it for years, and have to wonder what others might think.

Quote:
1. The violet race—Adamites and Adamsonites. The chief center of Adamite culture was in the second garden, located in the triangle of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers;

Quote:
Having risen in close proximity, the Tigris and Euphrates diverge sharply in their upper courses, to a maximum distance of some 250 miles (400 km) apart near the Turkish-Syrian border. Their middle courses gradually approach each other, bounding a triangle of mainly barren limestone desert known as Al-Jazirah (Arabic: “The Island”) in eastern Turkey, northern Iraq, and extreme northeastern Syria. There the rivers have cut deep and permanent beds in the rock, so that their courses have undergone only minor changes since prehistoric times.

source: https://www.britannica.com/place/Tigris ... ver-system

i can't find any reference for a different location of said triangle..
and i haven't seen any evidence for the garden being in the south and there's no evidence of any pre-pottery neolithic settlements there but the water table in that area has probably destroyed anything organic from 37kya and the pre-sumerian nodites/ubaid didnt have any obsidian. probably the adamites guarded those sources from them. but anyway, there's plenty of evidence from archaeology, genetics, linguistics, geology and climatology that all points to northern mesopotamia as the center of the advanced neolithic andite cultures and worldwide migrations.