Thanks for this interesting question to us here at TruthBook. It appears that your thoughts of God may run to the impersonal. There certainly are ample teachings in The Urantia Book that should satisfy anyone who does think of God as a "what," or an impersonal force. God IS that impersonal entity, and yet, as you'll read later in this reply, God is so much more.
For example, we learn in The Urantia Book that God can be thought of as:
God of all creation
First Source and Center of all things and beings.
an infinite upholder
the eternal maker and infinite upholder of all creation
the Universal Center
the Divine Controller
the Gift of Life
the All-powerful One
primal reality in the spirit world
the source of truth in the mind spheres
God overshadows all throughout the material realms
God is a transcendent reality
God inhabits the present moment with all his absolute majesty and eternal greatness
God inhabits the circle of eternity
God is without beginning or end of days
To God there is no past, present, or future; all time is present at any given moment
God is the great and only I AM
In the Foreword to The Urantia Book, we first learn of "Deity", and Deity's seven-fold levels. These levels do not necessarily designate personality; however, you'll note that at the 3rd level, Deity becomes "associative":
0:1.2 DEITY ...is prepersonal and superpersonal in ways not altogether comprehensible by man. Deity is characterized by the quality of unity— actual or potential—on all supermaterial levels of reality; and this unifying quality is best comprehended by creatures as divinity.
Deity functions on personal, prepersonal, and superpersonal levels. Total Deity is functional on the following seven levels:
1. Static—self-contained and self-existent Deity.
2. Potential—self-willed and self-purposive Deity.
3. Associative—self-personalized and divinely fraternal Deity.
4. Creative—self-distributive and divinely revealed Deity.
5. Evolutional—self-expansive and creature-identified Deity.
6. Supreme—self-experiential and creature-Creator-unifying Deity. Deity functioning on the first creature-identificational level as time-space overcontrollers of the grand universe, sometimes designated the Supremacy of Deity.
7. Ultimate—self-projected and time-space-transcending Deity. Deity omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Deity functioning on the second level of unifying divinity expression as effective overcontrollers and absonite upholders of the master universe. As compared with the ministry of the Deities to the grand universe, this absonite function in the master universe is tantamount to universal overcontrol and supersustenance, sometimes called the Ultimacy of Deity.
Click to read about Deity and Divinity
Further: (and here, we begin to be introduced to the concept of "God" as a personalization of Deity and as a Father)
0:2.6 GOD is a word symbol designating all personalizations of Deity. The term requires a different definition on each personal level of Deity function and must be still further redefined within each of these levels, as this term may be used to designate the diverse co-ordinate and subordinate personalizations of Deity; for example: the Paradise Creator Sons—the local universe fathers.
The term God, as we make use of it, may be understood:
By designation—as God the Father.
By context—as when used in the discussion of some one deity level or association. When in doubt as to the exact interpretation of the word God, it would be advisable to refer it to the person of the Universal Father.
In this section, we are introduced to God as a personality, a Trinity being, as well as several other manifestations, including evolving and eventuating concepts:
0:2.10 The term God always denotes personality. Deity may, or may not, refer to divinity personalities.
The word GOD is used, in these papers, with the following meanings:
1. God the Father—Creator, Controller, and Upholder. The Universal Father, the First Person of Deity.
2. God the Son—Co-ordinate Creator, Spirit Controller, and Spiritual Administrator. The Eternal Son, the Second Person of Deity.
3. God the Spirit—Conjoint Actor, Universal Integrator, and Mind Bestower. The Infinite Spirit, the Third Person of Deity.
4. God the Supreme—the actualizing or evolving God of time and space. Personal Deity associatively realizing the time-space experiential achievement of creature-Creator identity. The Supreme Being is personally experiencing the achievement of Deity unity as the evolving and experiential God of the evolutionary creatures of time and space.
5. God the Sevenfold—Deity personality anywhere actually functioning in time and space. The personal Paradise Deities and their creative associates functioning in and beyond the borders of the central universe and power-personalizing as the Supreme Being on the first creature level of unifying Deity revelation in time and space. This level, the grand universe, is the sphere of the time-space descension of Paradise personalities in reciprocal association with the time-space ascension of evolutionary creatures.
6. God the Ultimate—the eventuating God of supertime and transcended space. The second experiential level of unifying Deity manifestation. God the Ultimate implies the attained realization of the synthesized absonite-superpersonal, time-space-transcended, and eventuated-experiential values, co-ordinated on final creative levels of Deity reality.
7. God the Absolute—the experientializing God of transcended superpersonal values and divinity meanings, now existential as the Deity Absolute. This is the third level of unifying Deity expression and expansion. On this supercreative level, Deity experiences exhaustion of personalizable potential, encounters completion of divinity, and undergoes depletion of capacity for self-revelation to successive and progressive levels of other-personalization. Deity now encounters, impinges upon, and experiences identity with, the Unqualified Absolute.
Click to read about God
The Urantia Book augments even these fundamental ideas of God, and greatly expands upon them in order to present to us a far more personal idea of God – that of "Father."
The book teaches:
1:1.5 On those worlds where a Paradise Son has lived a bestowal life, God is generally known by some name indicative of personal relationship, tender affection, and fatherly devotion. On your constellation headquarters God is referred to as the Universal Father, and on different planets in your local system of inhabited worlds he is variously known as the Father of Fathers, the Paradise Father, the Havona Father, and the Spirit Father. Those who know God through the revelations of the bestowals of the Paradise Sons, eventually yield to the sentimental appeal of the touching relationship of the creature-Creator association and refer to God as "our Father."
On a planet of sex creatures, in a world where the impulses of parental emotion are inherent in the hearts of its intelligent beings, the term Father becomes a very expressive and appropriate name for the eternal God. He is best known, most universally acknowledged, on your planet, Urantia, by the name God. The name he is given is of little importance; the significant thing is that you should know him and aspire to be like him. Your prophets of old truly called him "the everlasting God" and referred to him as the one who "inhabits eternity."
1:2.1 To all created intelligences God is a personality, and to the universe of universes he is the First Source and Center of eternal reality. God is neither manlike nor machinelike. The First Father is universal spirit, eternal truth, infinite reality, and father personality.
The eternal God is infinitely more than reality idealized or the universe personalized. God is not simply the supreme desire of man, the mortal quest objectified. Neither is God merely a concept, the power-potential of righteousness. The Universal Father is not a synonym for nature, neither is he natural law personified. God is a transcendent reality, not merely man’s traditional concept of supreme values. God is not a psychological focalization of spiritual meanings, neither is he "the noblest work of man." God may be any or all of these concepts in the minds of men, but he is more. He is a saving person and a loving Father to all who enjoy spiritual peace on earth, and who crave to experience personality survival in death.
Click to read about the Personality of the Universal Father
While all aspects of God are presented and detailed as far as possible in The Urantia Book, the aspect of God that ends up being of greatest significance to most readers is the concept of the Thought Adjuster – that pre-personal spark of Deity that indwells each mortal mind, there to assist the human being to create and develop an immortal soul of survival value.
This aspect of God truly IS impersonal, and it is a very important aspect. It is through this impersonal facet of God that mortal, finite beings such as us can actually communicate with the infinite Deity:
2:1.6 The Universal Father is absolutely and without qualification infinite in all his attributes; and this fact, in and of itself, automatically shuts him off from all direct personal communication with finite material beings and other lowly created intelligences.
And all this necessitates such arrangements for contact and communication with his manifold creatures as have been ordained, first, in the personalities of the Paradise Sons of God, who, although perfect in divinity, also often partake of the nature of the very flesh and blood of the planetary races, becoming one of you and one with you; thus, as it were, God becomes man, as occurred in the bestowal of Michael, who was called interchangeably the Son of God and the Son of Man. And second, there are the personalities of the Infinite Spirit, the various orders of the seraphic hosts and other celestial intelligences who draw near to the material beings of lowly origin and in so many ways minister to them and serve them. And third, there are the impersonal Mystery Monitors, Thought Adjusters, the actual gift of the great God himself sent to indwell such as the humans of Urantia, sent without announcement and without explanation. In endless profusion they descend from the heights of glory to grace and indwell the humble minds of those mortals who possess the capacity for God-consciousness or the potential therefor.
107:7.1 Thought Adjusters are not personalities, but they are real entities; they are truly and perfectly individualized, although they are never, while indwelling mortals, actually personalized. Thought Adjusters are not true personalities; they are true realities, realities of the purest order known in the universe of universes—they are the divine presence. Though not personal, these marvelous fragments of the Father are commonly referred to as beings and sometimes, in view of the spiritual phases of their present ministry to mortals, as spirit entities.
Click to read about Adjusters and Personality
This impersonal, or pre-personal aspect of God, while essentially "on loan" to mortal minds such as ours, has the potential to become personal by eternal "fusion" with a personal being, such as a human mortal. Conversely, the personal human being has the potential to become one-with-God eternally as a new creature at the time of this fusion experience with the pre-personal (not-yet-personal) aspect of God. This is acheived through the freewilled choice and continued decisions of the mortal mind that is indwelt by this "spark" of God.
Click here to read more about the Mission and Ministry of Thought Adjusters
Click to read about Adjuster Fusion
A true picture of Deity-or God-must include not only an idea of God that might satisfy an understanding that encompasses an impersonal concept, but also one that includes a personal concept. Any true understanding of God can include all humanly imaginable concepts of such a being or entity. In The Urantia Book, all of these aspects are presented and addressed. Not all are readily understandable or comprehensible-not even to the beings who have presented The Urantia Book to us. The revelators concede that, even to celestial beings such as they are, much about God remains mysterious.
We have prepared a series of pages that may help you to understand more about God. Please feel free to enter this study and learn more about God, and his relationship to you.