Lessons from the Cross of Jesus
♥ There was nothing in the cross which the Father requiredâ€”only that which Jesus so willingly gave, and which he refused to avoid.
♥ The triumph of the death on the cross is all summed up in the spirit of Jesus' attitude toward those who assailed him.
♥ He made the cross an eternal symbol of the triumph of love over hate and the victory of truth over evil when he prayed, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
♥ The cross makes a supreme appeal to the best in man because it discloses one who was willing to lay down his life in the service of his fellow men.
♥ Jesus had such a love that he was willing to lay down his life for his enemies, a love greater than any which had hitherto been known on earth.
♥ The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward sinners was eternal and loving salvation.
♥ The cross does stand forever, on earth and throughout a vast universe, as a sacred symbol of the good bestowing themselves upon the evil and thereby saving them by this very devotion of love.
♥ When thinking men and women look upon Jesus as he offers up his life on the cross, they will hardly again permit themselves to complain at even the severest hardships of life, much less at petty harassments and their many purely fictitious grievances.
♥ Make sure that you see in the cross the final manifestation of the love and devotion of Jesus to his life mission of bestowal upon the mortal races of his vast universe.
Jesus Could Truly Say...
...when Jesus had finished his earth life, this name of the Father had been so revealed that the Master, who was the Father incarnate, could truly say:
- I am the bread of life.
- I am the living water.
- I am the light of the world.
- I am the desire of all ages.
- I am the open door to eternal salvation.
- I am the reality of endless life.
- I am the good shepherd.
- I am the pathway of infinite perfection.
- I am the resurrection and the life.
- I am the secret of eternal survival.
- I am the way, the truth, and the life.
- I am the infinite Father of my finite children.
- I am the true vine; you are the branches.
- I am the hope of all who know the living truth.
- I am the living bridge from one world to another.
- I am the living link between time and eternity.