Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Is there an association between the Prophet Amos and the bestowal of Thought Adjsuters commonly on Urantia??

Amos 7:7-8 :::::'' The Lord showed me, and behold the Lord was standing
on a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in His hand.
And the Lord said to me; What do you see, Amos? And I said, "A plumbline."
And the Lord said: Behold I place a plumbline in the midst of My people Israel;
I will no longer pardon them. '':::::

The shepherd Amos of the Olden Testament was obedient to the command of God within him. He was observing the work of the holy spirit in Jerusalem at the time. It was a period in history where Thought Adjusters were appearing more and more in the Hebrews who were leaving the corruption of Baal and multiple god worship.

Amos 8:7 ::::"The Lord swore by the pride of Jacob: I will never forget any of their deeds."::::

This is evidence that there was a Promise or covenant between God and those who had kept the belief and practices of Melchizedek. These were the tribes who came from the children of Abraham.

[Urantia 108:2.1 "In the present generation, the birth of the soul and the beginning of God's personal relationship with His Child is running five years, ten months, and four days; that is , after 2133 days of terrestrial life."] (paraphrase)

amos ben joseph <born 9-jan-7 A.D.>-<left time 3-dec-12 A.D.>, lived a total of 2155 days

Although there is no direct evidence, Amos, Jesus' brother died of a feverish condition during his age slightly above the age where the Thought Adjusters came (on average in 1935). But I believe there is some connection, due to his age.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

The main thought adjustment in reading the Urantia Book concerning Baby Amos ben Joseph is the feeling that Jesus & Joseph (in the primitive ghost-fear sense) had shared a sense of grief over the passing of Amos.

There were many events that publicly denote the transition of Jesus AS Son of Mary's family into Jesus AS Father of Mary's family,
including Rachel's courtship [UB 127:6] and the successive pilgrimages to Jerusalem [127:3; 128:1; 128:3] & Jesus stay with Judas' in Roman prison [128:6], but for me the experience of bearing of grief on a deeper level gave me the experience of thinking of Jesus in terms of a personal father, when I sympathised with his plight of having lost a son.

I identify the grief that Jesus actually bore to be idenentical with the grief that Joseph would-have borne.

Profile Send private message