Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:36 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Quote:
1597.2) 142:2.2 When Jacob finished speaking, Jesus replied: “Jacob, you have well stated the teachings of the olden prophets who taught the children of their generation in accordance with the light of their day. Our Father in Paradise is changeless. But the concept of his nature has enlarged and grown from the days of Moses down through the times of Amos and even to the generation of the prophet Isaiah. And now have I come in the flesh to reveal the Father in new glory and to show forth his love and mercy to all men on all worlds. As the gospel of this kingdom shall spread over the world with its message of good cheer and good will to all men, there will grow up improved and better relations among the families of all nations. As time passes, fathers and their children will love each other more, and thus will be brought about a better understanding of the love of the Father in heaven for his children on earth. Remember, Jacob, that a good and true father not only loves his family as a whole — as a family — but he also truly loves and affectionately cares for each individual member.
(1574.5) 140:5.12 4. “Happy are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Spiritual purity is not a negative quality, except that it does lack suspicion and revenge. In discussing purity, Jesus did not intend to deal exclusively with human sex attitudes. He referred more to that faith which man should have in his fellow man; that faith which a parent has in his child, and which enables him to love his fellows even as a father would love them. A father’s love need not pamper, and it does not condone evil, but it is always anticynical. Fatherly love has singleness of purpose, and it always looks for the best in man; that is the attitude of a true parent.

I due brani si riferiscono al carattere di un Padre e il parallelo tra il Padre Universale e i padri umani è significativo. La decisione di inseguire la volotà del Padre in tutto ci rende partecipi anche di questo aspetto paterno dove la cura per tutti i membri della famiglia è pari all'impegno per cercare il meglio per ciscuno.
The two songs relate to the character of a Father and the parallel between the Universal Father and the human fathers is significant. The decision to pursue will Father of all allows us to share this aspect too, where paternal care for all family members is equal to the commitment to search for the best from each.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

This is one thing that I wish most fathers would do for their children now days. So few of them do as this. Our world would be a better place if families would learn where they are weak in.

Profile Send private message