Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:37 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Morality
PostPosted:  

The foundation of morality is sincerity. From my personal experience of growing up, lying is a learned and before this every child is sincere. Therefore every person can survive if he did not destroy sincerity in his soul. Honesty is a derivative external behavior from sincerity.

I do not recall being selfish as my first memory of self-consciousness. It is that peeing and pooing on the ground was not correct and the next one is that I did not want to ware open-crouched pants which were the toddler fashion of my growing-up so that peeing and pooing on the ground were more convenient. On my book, selfishness does not start with self-consciousness. Animalistic reflexes are not of selfishness, but functions of the living vehicle which a child has very little control over.

The next significant morality piece is that grown-ups do not have all the answers to every sincere question. This embryonic Deity longing was thoroughly crashed externally in the environment I was raised.

I guess the intention to please parents as a very young child can be counted as the budding of altruism.

Okay, the triple foundation of morality: Sincerity, Altruism, Deity Longing.

Sincerity is inherit with personality.

Altruism is impulse due to the presence of the indwelling Father.

Deity Longing is personality's sincere response to the presence of Deity.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Morality
PostPosted:  

Quote:
1 Reality exists.
2 We, you and I, exist within reality.
3 Reality had a beginning.
4 The beginning was initiated by a creative force.
5 Reality exists within the force that created reality.
6 Reality coexists with its creative force for a reason.
7 Reality depends on its creative force for continuation.
8 The creative force depends upon the reality it created as a place to travel, to learn, to create, to expand upon its omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience.
9 The creative force travels reality in many forms, one of which is within you as the soul.
10 You are a piece of God and deserve, must demand, to be treated with the appropriate respect as you travel reality, life.
11 Everyone is a piece of God and deserves, must demand, to be treated with the appropriate respect as they travel reality.
12 You must treat everyone with the appropriate respect as they travel reality for they are a piece of God.
13 You must demand everyone around you be treated with appropriate respect as they travel reality.
14 You will return from whence you came carrying with you the results of your travels.
15 You will experience for eternity the pleasant warmth or painful fire of the knowledge and worse yet, the full empathy, of the direct and indirect results of your travels through reality or what is called the ripple effect of your life.

From personal experience, nobody will reject 1 and 2.

3 aught to be reality may have a beginning, we simply can not experience except that each personal self has a beginning.

4. is the problem. The concept of creativity comes from our ability to make material things, and to form mindal concepts. To extend the concept to actual existence of creative force for reality is not totally acceptable to a realist unless he personally directly experienced the presence of this creative force. Me is an example of such staunch realists. I can not 100% accept without personal experience.

5,6,7,8 will not be accepted due to the problem with 4.

9. The process of how I have a soul need to be revealed.

10 -- 13 The realist equivalent: I am piece of reality, and others also, Golden rule aught to be used as ideal treatment of each other.

14. I know I was not conscious before I was born, returning to unconsciousness seems to be death, eternal sleep. Since I sincerely do not experience past life, reincarnation is not acceptable.

15. This is too far fetched for me, or just piling words and concepts together which can not be experientially verified.

Profile Send private message