Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

The seed of the Unqualified Absolute is The Adjuster, any being that posses one can become the Supreme in Time and Space. Behold the Supreme comes as a thief in the night and the settlement of all the universes in Light and Life is not necessary for the Supreme to emerge.

All the eyes of the universes are fixed on Urantia. The supreme Being is an Evolutionary Creature who must traverse the Havona pattern and attain the Paradise pattern while yet still in the flesh. All the spiritual lessons required to attain the Father is potential here on Urantia; so one can be as replete in his sphere of existence as the Father is replete in His sphere. Therefore to be a creature-Creator one must be fully in the lowest form of will creature, and be fully Creator by the maximum of ministry of the Indwelt Adjuster to literally emerge Supreme. There is no law that forbids the Adjuster indwelt mortal of time and space to reach, spiritually speaking, Infinity of status. If there were such a law it would contradict the Absolute potentiality of the Paradise Trinity. The Supreme Being after reaching the Maximum of Adjuster Ministry, would have attained all that could be known materially and could, by the mastery of divine wisdom, perform material manipulations of his own material being thus becoming Absonite with the ability to transcend time, space, matter and all forms of energy by virtue of his own understanding coupled with his corresponding finite actions. The limitations inherent with Infinity of status restrict the Unqualified Absolute from 'touching himself', for matter is born of the Trinity. The Unqualified Absolute is 1/3 the source of all matter but is not what the Supreme is- Finite/Material as well as Infinite/Adjuster. Maximized Potential. The Supreme will be to the Grand Universe as the Adjuster is to the soul. But as a perfected soul is in no need of a Thought Adjuster, so is a grand universe settled in Light and Life in no need of a Supreme Being.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Hmmm...

Hi Mike,

Haven't seen the text that states the Supreme is a flesh creature.
Or where it says the Supreme, or an Adjuster, are superfluous.

Did I miss it? Rick

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello MikeInfinity,

I don't know what text book the School Of Universal Law is using but I can see it's using terms lifted from The Urantia Book. Apparently the way they've been assembled and interpreted is all your own. We can't accept either prophetic pronouncements or channeled material on this discussion board nor unsubstantiated mental meanderings -- if that's not what you've presented then please clarify what you've written above.
Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

I would like to state that this was actually a part of a letter I emailed to a person running a Urantia book website. He didn’t seem too interested in discussing the philosophy of the Supreme. So this short paper was collecting dust in my computer until I was able to find a group of people who was willing to discuss topics in the UB. I was blessed to find a forum dedicated to the study of the UB. With that being said, I would like to address your concerns and questions.

Firstly, I am making comments on a topic that the Urantia book clearly defines as uncertain, and undetermined. As for the emerging of the Almighty Supreme the authors clearly state on multiple occasions that… “they really don’t know”. They also mention that deliberations made about the Almighty Supreme take place at various philosophy schools throughout the universes. So I took the impression that among all the topics of the UB this, is the only topic that remains ‘open’ for interpretation, for any interpretation of the facts currently known on the Supreme is directly contributing to the potential knowledge of the Supreme and any thought provoking material can be useful in reaching prefinal conclusions subsequent to the emergence of the Almighty Supreme. For the emergence of the Supreme will disprove or either validate the prepositions I made on his being; Thus bringing relative credence and potential longevity to the arguments I put forth. However, I did hastily post this short paper without scrutinizing the tense and intention it was written. A disclaimer would have been appropriate. For this I apologize and I would also like to state that this paper was not intended to be presented as fact, it was merely an essay of opinions and personal viewpoints I wrote after thoroughly studying the known facts that were presented in the UB concerning the Almighty Supreme. Allow me to substantiate my mental meanderings.

Quote:
Haven't seen the text that states the Supreme is a flesh creature.

- Neither have I, however some statements made about the supreme can, by any intelligent ponderer , be described as being flesh…

7. THE NATURE OF THE SUPREME

115:7.1 In the Deity of the Supreme the Father-I AM has achieved relatively complete liberation from the limitations inherent in infinity of status, eternity of being, and absoluteness of nature. But God the Supreme has been freed from all existential limitations only by having become subject to experiential qualifications of universal function. In attaining capacity for experience, the finite God also becomes subject to the necessity therefor; in achieving liberation from eternity, the Almighty encounters the barriers of time; and the Supreme could only know growth and development as a consequence of partiality of existence and incompleteness of nature, nonabsoluteness of being.

More notes and excerpts from: Paper 116-THE ALMIGHTY SUPREME

IF MAN RECOGNIZED that his Creators—his immediate supervisors—while being divine were also finite, and that the God of time and space was an evolving and nonabsolute Deity…

His destiny is perfection, but his present experience encompasses the elements of growth and incomplete status.

Experiential growth implies creature-Creator partnership—God and man in association. Growth is the earmark of experiential Deity:

…when man and God enter into partnership, no limitation can be placed upon the future possibilities of such a partnership.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are only a few observations made by the authors of the UB, that if viewed intelligently, shows overwhelming evidence that prepositions made about the Almighty Supreme concerning his status as being finite, may also be perceived as being, possibly, flesh. The UB also conclude that the Supreme is indeed creature, or creature/Creator.

Quote:
Or where it says the Supreme, or an Adjuster, are superfluous.

1. ORIGIN OF THOUGHT ADJUSTERS

107:1.1 Since Thought Adjusters are of the essence of original Deity, no one may presume to discourse authoritatively upon their nature and origin; I can only impart the traditions of Salvington and the beliefs of Uversa; I can only explain how we regard these Mystery Monitors and their associated entities throughout the grand universe.

107:1.2 Though there are diverse opinions regarding the mode of the bestowal of Thought Adjusters, there exist no such differences concerning their origin; all are agreed that they proceed direct from the Universal Father, the First Source and Center. They are not created beings; they are fragmentized entities constituting the factual presence of the infinite God. Together with their many unrevealed associates, the Adjusters are undiluted and unmixed divinity, UNQUALIFIED and unattenuated parts of Deity; they are of God, and as far as we are able to discern, they are God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So in conclusion of this reply I would like to state that any being in possession of a Thought Adjuster also has an inherent potential to be, become, and/or grow to be “superfluous” (if you intended to use the word in a scientific tense). If you would like to further elaborate on what you meant by ‘superfluous’, I invite your reply. Then maybe I can further elaborate on my interpretation of the nature of the Almighty Supreme and Thought Adjusters and how I believe they are correlated in the comprehensive study of universe reality and and experiential Deity attainment.

As for The School Of Universal Law, it is simply an acronym for what I call my SOUL. I did not intend to represent an organized school of thought and/or curriculum, it is simply a creative expression of how I like to refer to my life experience of constant learning and the method by which some divine Teacher that resides within my mind daily instructs me on how to expand my conscienceness of the One God.

Sorry about the misunderstandings, if I have still not substantiated my mental meanderings or if I am still in transgression of posting guidelines I will willingly concede to your authority.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello MikeInfinity,

Okay, I can accept that what you've written is "opinions and personal viewpoints I wrote after thoroughly studying the known facts that were presented in the UB concerning the Almighty Supreme." We're all allowed to have our own interpretations and opinions as long as they're being stated as such and you've done that.

My opinion would be that when the revelators have said there are things they don't know or fully understand then there's not a lot most of us mortals here on this particular rock will be able to do to bring any light to the topic until we've got a lot more universe experience under our belts, but of course we're always free to conjecture. The obvious and straight forward material that's more readily understandable would seem to me to pay bigger dividends in uplifting our thinking and improving how we live in the here and now.

Thank you too in agreeing to concede to the authority of the posting guidelines and the administrators. There's often a struggle for discussion board members to recognize and accept that condition.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  
Does nobody here have any views about whether my speculation about the possible causes of some psychoses is plausible? Or is my essay too long and boring to read?

PostPosted:  

"There is no law that forbids the Adjuster indwelt mortal of time and space to reach, spiritually speaking, Infinity of status. If there were such a law it would contradict the Absolute potentiality of the Paradise Trinity."

Quote:
P.541 - §1 The Gods cannot--at least they do not--transform a creature of gross animal nature into a perfected spirit by some mysterious act of creative magic. When the Creators desire to produce perfect beings, they do so by direct and original creation, but they never undertake to convert animal-origin and material creatures into beings of perfection in a single step.

The first law of Deity is there is a higher law. The Absolute potentiality of Paradise Trinity understood by creatures is still going to be subject to a higher law which may not be creature comprehensible.

PostPosted:  

...The omnipotence of Deity does not imply the power to do the nondoable. Within the time-space frame and from the intellectual reference point of mortal comprehension, even the infinite God cannot create square circles or produce evil that is inherently good. God cannot do the ungodlike thing.... P.1299 - §1

PostPosted:  

In essense, Mike, that which walks in the flesh has values that contribute to the evolving Supreme: it is the nature of the potential actualizing. The personality of the evolving Supreme resides currently in Havona. The repercussions of our decision-action is transmitted through God the Sevenfold at our death.

As far as Thought Adjusters coming from the Unqualified Absolute, I cannot accept this. They are actual fragments of the First Source and Center, and this is factualized by their having the potential of personality. The Unqualified Absolute is wholly impersonal, and is the reservoir (simply stated) for the infinite power of the First Source and Center. This reservoir of infinite power was once part of the Infinite One until, through volition, the Eternal Son became, at which time the UA became a separate entity. It is a mind frig, but worth pursuing!