Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Blessings
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

During this time of year when we celebrate Jesus' birth it could be well to think of some of the blessings we've received from our heavenly family and provide them as an inspiration for others. I'll start with a brief example of some big blessings I've received.

Fifteen years ago I had 3 heart attacks in about as many months; medications were prescribed and a pacemaker/defibrillator was implanted to correct the heart malfunctions. Two of the heart attacks could have been fatal had not good doctors and EMTs been nearby; I count recovering from those as blessed events and I know that angels held me in their hands; Jesus never let me fall or faint. Since then the defibrillator has shocked my heart 3 times -- without the device restarting my heart beat properly those would also have resulted in heart attacks. I feel I have been well taken care of, blessed, not only by the level of professional help I've experienced but also the care, love and compassion I've felt from our heavenly family. These are good reminders to me that I'm God's child, living by the grace of the Father.

Larry

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Blessings
PostPosted:  

Thank you Larry for sharing that.

I must say that this juncture I am most grateful for my wife, my two kids, our home. I entered into parenthood and marriage very early in my life and very unaware of the demands. I am still making adjustments. But I know, beyond a doubt, had it not been for the actions of our helpers, my immaturity would have sabotaged the whole enterprise. I think their influences were many. But the most prominent were the actions they took to form the sections of marriage and family life in The Urantia Book. They impressed upon me the paramount importance of the family unit, of the responsibility of a father, of the privilege it is to bring more children to God. So though I cannot recall a specific episode, I still have this inexplicable awareness that they were there all along and have helped guide me to this point. My wife has had a number of experiences now that she credits to the ministry of the angels. So I appreciate you guys having my back. Thank you, all of you!

PostPosted:  

Hi,

I also have a lot of experience with my Jesus. I think the last 9 years are like a testimony to me. I would like to share one of them with you all because it is always good to share our testimonies with others. Because it will be an encouragement for our spiritual journey.
When Jesus healed people, few times He told them not to tell anyone, but most of the time He asked them to show yourself to others. Because we all need a push sometime.

Before I write this I would introduce myself in a few words. I am Angel John from Kerala in India. I was raised as a Hindu until I was 19yrs old. I met Jesus when I was 19 and since then I am living with my Father. I felt like I was an orphan but now I have a family and a loving Father. I am 29yrs old and unmarried, which is a big deal for an Indian family. Here everything is ‘marriage’. So my family, neighbours and relatives are feeling very sad and put me into sympathy most of the time. They are worried.

So last month my father went to meet an astrologer, he told a lot of terrible things to my father including I am a curse to this family. He suggested a number of virgin poojas and sacrifices to different gods in different temples. I don’t go to temples and do these things since 2006. But I can’t deny my father because he is very strict and wants me to do whatever he decides to do. My mother tried to cover me because she too knows Jesus and she knew my mind. My father started to fight with her for this. I went to him and told him that, I will do anything you want. He made me read three pages full of pooja lists. I said I will do this... then I went to my room and prayed on my knees.

I said; ‘Father, I don’t bow down in front of any of these gods so please don’t let anyone make me do this. Help me. Talk to my papa’s mind. He won’t listen to me. Please help me Father.’ My papa kept the list on his table and told my amma and me to get ready to do this on this Sunday. I kept praying about that. That list was there for almost 2 weeks... my father didn’t ask me to do this after that night. Finally one day, that list disappeared from that table. What a wonderful Father we have... don’t we? He knows, I can’t.... but I know He can.

So when you have problems, don’t try to solve them by yourself, because you never understand another person’s mind. But Father knows, so give to Father and be free. He will take care of everything. I am proud to be His daughter and love Him more than anything in this world.

PostPosted:  

Hi Angel John,

What an inspiring and uplifting experience you shared with us! Thank you so much!!

You are absolutely right. We must offer up our troubles to Father. With God, anything-- ANYTHING is possible.

To some that sounds like a hollow or obvious expression, but it is incredibly exhilarating when you live it and see it in action.

Jesus taught us that the greatest commandment of all is to love God our Father with all our heart, all our mind, and all our soul. And you do! Blessed are you, sister!

Go in peace.

PostPosted:  

yes thank you for sharing that Angel John...it reminded me of a favorite hymn from my childhood "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" that i had forgotten about...and it also reminds me of what i have not done to solve a certain personal family problem i've been struggling with lately. so double thanks :-)

PostPosted:  

Dear Mr. Quil and Mr. Makalu,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to get a chance to share my Jesus' love with you all... Yes. it's always a blessing to remember what Father has done for us and to be thankful for all of them.

The best thing ever happened to me is Jesus. And the greatest blessing in my life is to choose Father's will as mine. I always share my desires with Father but I will tell him that, 'Father, it's my will that your's be done through me'. Because I know that my 'will' is better for the present, but Father's 'will' is perfect for present and future. Because He knows me better than anyone and He can see things far ahead. And when it comes to family, I am always obedient... sometimes, I feel like I want to explode.. but as a child of God, I always hear the voice, 'you are my daughter, be calm and don't make Father unhappy'. So I keep quiet and tell Him to help me. When we deal with things it sometimes will turn to be anger, disappointed, sad.... but when we let Father decide to do things for us... He will handle it with His own style.. which always brings peace in our family. Because Father knows me... and He knows my parents too. He is love... He is peace.

May God bless you both to be a wonderful child of God and thank you for being here.