Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Yaakov001 wrote:
I know that when I get to my Eden, the first request I am going to make of G-d is to watch of a video of my life

Yes, that's very similar to something I crave very, very much. There have been so many unbelievably wonderous moments in life - moments of supreme aspirations and strivings that met with some success, amazing and exquisitely beautiful discoveries, sharing of magical moments with others, even sharing *exactly* what they felt. Those I must experience again and remember fully. They are inspiration and motivation to travel further and higher in life.

We are told that a special series of angels or morontial personalities do sponsor exactly that. They are called the Reversion Directors. I so wish to be able to make use of their services.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

(1458.1) 132:2.4 The spiritually blind individual who logically follows scientific dictation, social usage, and religious dogma stands in grave danger of sacrificing his moral freedom and losing his spiritual liberty. Such a soul is destined to become an intellectual parrot, a social automaton, and a slave to religious authority.

(1458.2) 132:2.5 Goodness is always growing toward new levels of the increasing liberty of moral self-realization and spiritual personality attainment — the discovery of, and identification with, the indwelling Adjuster. An experience is good when it heightens the appreciation of beauty, augments the moral will, enhances the discernment of truth, enlarges the capacity to love and serve one’s fellows, exalts the spiritual ideals, and unifies the supreme human motives of time with the eternal plans of the indwelling Adjuster, all of which lead directly to an increased desire to do the Father’s will, thereby fostering the divine passion to find God and to be more like him.

(1458.3) 132:2.6 As you ascend the universe scale of creature development, you will find increasing goodness and diminishing evil in perfect accordance with your capacity for goodness-experience and truth-discernment. The ability to entertain error or experience evil will not be fully lost until the ascending human soul achieves final spirit levels.

(1458.4) 132:2.7 Goodness is living, relative, always progressing, invariably a personal experience, and everlastingly correlated with the discernment of truth and beauty. Goodness is found in the recognition of the positive truth-values of the spiritual level, which must, in human experience, be contrasted with the negative counterpart — the shadows of potential evil.

(1458.5) 132:2.8 Until you attain Paradise levels, goodness will always be more of a quest than a possession, more of a goal than an experience of attainment. But even as you hunger and thirst for righteousness, you experience increasing satisfaction in the partial attainment of goodness. The presence of goodness and evil in the world is in itself positive proof of the existence and reality of man’s moral will, the personality, which thus identifies these values and is also able to choose between them.

(1458.6) 132:2.9 By the time of the attainment of Paradise the ascending mortal’s capacity for identifying the self with true spirit values has become so enlarged as to result in the attainment of the perfection of the possession of the light of life. Such a perfected spirit personality becomes so wholly, divinely, and spiritually unified with the positive and supreme qualities of goodness, beauty, and truth that there remains no possibility that such a righteous spirit would cast any negative shadow of potential evil when exposed to the searching luminosity of the divine light of the infinite Rulers of Paradise. In all such spirit personalities, goodness is no longer partial, contrastive, and comparative; it has become divinely complete and spiritually replete; it approaches the purity and perfection of the Supreme.

(1458.7) 132:2.10 The possibility of evil is necessary to moral choosing, but not the actuality thereof. A shadow is only relatively real. Actual evil is not necessary as a personal experience. Potential evil acts equally well as a decision stimulus in the realms of moral progress on the lower levels of spiritual development. Evil becomes a reality of personal experience only when a moral mind makes evil its choice.

3. Truth and Faith

(1459.1) 132:3.1 Nabon was a Greek Jew and foremost among the leaders of the chief mystery cult in Rome, the Mithraic. While this high priest of Mithraism held many conferences with the Damascus scribe, he was most permanently influenced by their discussion of truth and faith one evening. Nabon had thought to make a convert of Jesus and had even suggested that he return to Palestine as a Mithraic teacher. He little realized that Jesus was preparing him to become one of the early converts to the gospel of the kingdom. Restated in modern phraseology, the substance of Jesus’ teaching was:

(1459.2) 132:3.2 Truth cannot be defined with words, only by living. Truth is always more than knowledge. Knowledge pertains to things observed, but truth transcends such purely material levels in that it consorts with wisdom and embraces such imponderables as human experience, even spiritual and living realities. Knowledge originates in science; wisdom, in true philosophy; truth, in the religious experience of spiritual living. Knowledge deals with facts; wisdom, with relationships; truth, with reality values.

(1459.3) 132:3.3 Man tends to crystallize science, formulate philosophy, and dogmatize truth because he is mentally lazy in adjusting to the progressive struggles of living, while he is also terribly afraid of the unknown. Natural man is slow to initiate changes in his habits of thinking and in his techniques of living.

(1459.4) 132:3.4 Revealed truth, personally discovered truth, is the supreme delight of the human soul; it is the joint creation of the material mind and the indwelling spirit. The eternal salvation of this truth-discerning and beauty-loving soul is assured by that hunger and thirst for goodness which leads this mortal to develop a singleness of purpose to do the Father’s will, to find God and to become like him. There is never conflict between true knowledge and truth. There may be conflict between knowledge and human beliefs, beliefs colored with prejudice, distorted by fear, and dominated by the dread of facing new facts of material discovery or spiritual progress.

(1459.5) 132:3.5 But truth can never become man’s possession without the exercise of faith. This is true because man’s thoughts, wisdom, ethics, and ideals will never rise higher than his faith, his sublime hope. And all such true faith is predicated on profound reflection, sincere self-criticism, and uncompromising moral consciousness. Faith is the inspiration of the spiritized creative imagination.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Coop... Great quotes! Aloha

PostPosted:  

yes, much to think about and consider here, many thanks coop

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
(1458.1) 132:2.4 The spiritually blind individual who logically follows scientific dictation, social usage, and religious dogma stands in grave danger of sacrificing his moral freedom and losing his spiritual liberty. Such a soul is destined to become an intellectual parrot, a social automaton, and a slave to religious authority.
Polly want a cracker? O:)

PostPosted:  

DO You want some Froot Loops ? lol

Last edited by coop on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:02 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
DO You want some Fruit Loops ? lol

Hey, let me have some of those! We ran out a few years ago, and i haven't seen any since.

PostPosted:  

:lol: I'm Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff :roll:

PostPosted:  

TheReconized wrote:
Hey there everyone. I was just wondering what your religion was or your beliefs before finding the Urantia book.

I was raised very nominally Lutheran.
(Everybody went to church. If you didn't go to church, what would the neighbors think?)

Yet, as early as 6 years of age, I had a nearly obsessive desire to know God.

Voraciously reading the KJV Bible (a gift for my 7th birthday) - two factors roiled over & over in my mind:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
(Matthew 22:37-39)

-and-

"Beloved, let us love one another: for LOVE IS OF GOD ...
... for GOD IS LOVE."
(John 4:7-8)

I could not reconcile, the question, "If love is of God, and God is love" how could the suffering and crucifixion of His Son Jesus possibly have made God happy?"

It was in my 40th year, that I began reading the Urantia Book in earnest. Intuitively, I suppose, I began with the 4th section.

And I came to Know (beyond believing) that the "bloody atonement" is not Truth - being only somewhat alluded to in John's Gospel ... and set in stone by-way of the theology purported throughout Paul's letters.

And through the following 26 years, every question & doubt I find lurking in the corners of my mind unfailingly continue to be erased by the precious Reality revealed in the Urantia Book.

"Christian" isn't my religion now.

Now I am a Jesusonian!

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

I have been writing computer programs for nearly 50 years so I have a good amount of experience in "debugging", correcting problems in programs that aren't producing the desired results. This can sometimes be satisfying and sometimes frustrating. This week I was faced with a very frustrating bug that I'd worked on for 2 days with no progress being made. None of the tests and printouts I'd put throughout the program offered any information about why the report was coming out wrong. I'd pretty much used up all my options; the problem just didn't make any sense.

I was talking on the phone with my Indian granddaughter and I explained my frustration and dilema. As she often does, she said, grandpa, you know God knows how to solve every problem. Before you go back to the computer sit quietly in front of it and sincerly ask for help in solving this problem. Will you promise to do this? I said I would, and after we said goodbye I prayed and told the Father I needed help, that I'd run out of ideas and was frustrated. Then I took a short nap, hoping for inspiration.

When I awoke I had a thought about where the problem was located, an area of the program completely outside of where I'd been testing since it hadn't made sense to be looking there, but the idea made sense and I found the error and corrected it and the problem was solved.

The next day when I told my granddaughter she was ecstatic for our success. She said we all know God can fix, heal, solve, do anything. We just need to believe and to ask Him for help. Now that you've been helped you need to thank God and you need to remind as many people as you can about this connection because, although we already know it, we need to be assured that the Father loves us and is there for us whenever we sincerely ask.

Larry