Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:45 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted:  

And we must not forget that we should also be students of life. The Spirit of Truth is always with us and The Father is nearer yet.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Manny/toto/Louis/luocol/JohnnyBones/etc., etc. - I can hardly express my appreciation for turning the topic toward the acknowledgement of the importance of this book of facts we study here together! Eureka!!

For it is by this gift that we learn so much about the intimate relationship we each have with our First Source and Center and the gift of our Creator/Master Son...the 4th Epochal Revelation of universe reality given to our world and the one who gave us his Spirit - the Spirit of Truth to work in conjunction with the Mother's Holy Spirit and the Father Fragments. This text which teaches us how these three great spirits work in harmony to deliver each believer and faith child a personalized experience of transcendence and ascendance to our destiny into eternity.

We are told the Epochal Revelations of Fact are provided for the proper orientation of mind to more fully utilize and respond to the Spirit within upon our daily walk on this world and in this brief mortal life to enable us to progress in Spirit through the circles of transformation...the transfer of the seat of our very identity from the material nature to the spiritual nature.

Every poster on every topic I have read here at TruthBook agrees: the facts presented and studied have no importance, value, or meaning unless and until they transform the religionist's and student's perspective and, thereby, also transforms and uplifts our personal motivations, intentions, priorities, and choices at the intersections of decision, circumstance, situation, and relationship...this, to me, is the very definition of faith - the living of and acting upon knowledge. Facts cannot be truth until acted upon. So glad we agree on this fact and truth!!

Louis/Manny/toto...you keep providing so many good reasons why we "Should Be Students of TUB"! Perhaps that has been your intention all along? If so, then well done!

It is apparent from the UB, that such facts of universe reality are intended to be a functional aspect on every world from the time of establishing the Prince's headquarters and the Material Son and Daughter's Garden. Such facts and textbooks on universe reality will be found in the libraries and schools of these wondrous cities on most worlds but were lost to Urantia due to our peculiar and unique heritage. And so Machiventa Melkizedek delivered us the fact of the one and only God of all creation 4000 years ago and Michael delivered us the fact of God's paternal and loving relationship and the resulting fact of universal citizenship and brotherhood 2000 years ago, and also, as you say, the gift of the Spirit of Truth and the flood of TA's to uplift the each and the all in accordance with universe ministry, plans, and our inevitable planetary destiny of evolutionary progress through the Mortal Epochs of time.

Now, we are given the 5th Epochal Revelation to clarify and specify that destiny and universe reality, including our personal destiny and purpose and descriptions of the Spirit that indwells us. It is obvious how important this UB is to the student and our world and its contents compels us to study the reality presented, to reduce our confusions and errors and anxieties for the very purpose of living the truth and the transformation of each student-religionist into the Agondonters we might become by living in faith and in response to the Spirit within. Glorious!

For those who are interested, the Papers are filled with facts about the Son's gift - the Spirit of Truth - and its power to transform believers and thereby an entire world. A key word search for "Spirit of Truth":

http://www.urantia.org/search/book_sear ... 20Truth%22

Paper 194 is a must read on the topic as well!!

Thanks Manny/toto/Louis/et al, for this opportunity to celebrate the gift of fact and the need for study and the value that might be realized by incorporating such facts into our personal religious experience!

Bradly 8)

PostPosted:  

Transforming perspective is not necessary. The views expressed in the urantia book fit many human perspectives, which do not require transformation. The facts are meaningful even without human involvement, but I see your argument do not need to contest your appreciation for the urantia book.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Transforming perspective is not necessary. The views expressed in the urantia book fit many human perspectives, which do not require transformation. The facts are meaningful even without human involvement, but I see your argument do not need to contest your appreciation for the urantia book.

Thank you Stephen for your "perspective"...hahahaha. I certainly agree that the reading of the UB and/or the living of its teachings does not result in any uniformity of perspective or singularity of view. I should have been more specific. I believe that circle progress or progress in the Spirit is transformative. As we shift the seat of our identity from the material to the spiritual, then I think our view or perspective or point of view becomes shifted...we will begin to see the same things in a new way and with a transforming perspective. I meant to describe more of a process than a result, as my opinion is that this changing perspective accompanies us in our morontial adventures as well as our mortal gains.

Self mastery and personal spiritualization changes the tadpole into the frog over time. This is also illustrated, I think, by the lessons on the fruits of the spirit. We change and so does our view point related to reality and also to error. Rather than "perspective", perhaps a more accurate description would be that the maturity and wisdom gained by experience and insight and personal revelation changes that which is viewed rather than the perspective of the viewer? I would also add further that the UB is not critical for such personal transformation....it is helpful - or has been so to me - in providing a more complete and factual presentation of reality, true, but it is the living in faith and truth that is transformative and spiritizing.

In any case, it's always appreciated when another student seeks clarity of thought....and expression. Thanks!

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6