Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: LIFE ON EARTH
PostPosted:  

Glad to see Science catching up to the UB on this one...

https://qz.com/1159798/the-oldest-fossi ... ur-planet/

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: LIFE ON EARTH
PostPosted:  

Hi Al,

Could you explain your thinking about this? If I recall, the revelators stated that even one billion years ago the Earth was 1/10th its present size. It would have had no atmosphere to speak of, would have been boiling hot, its surface would have been essentially molten as well as extremely heavily bombarded by meteors. There is also the consideration of intense cosmic rays and other death-dealing environmental factors at that point in time. I don't believe the Earth's magnetic field was present then, which means that deadly solar radiation would have scorched the planet continuously.

We could calculate the amount of meteoric material deposited on the Earth per minute per 100 meter square area based on the information the revelators give us. I imagine the result would be shocking and scary.

Either those researchers are not looking at once biologic material, or they have radically misjudged the age of the rocks or those samples were not originally terrestrial, wouldn't you say?

PostPosted:  

OOPS! Did I mess up??? Was just going from memory here... Sounds like I was way off base.

PostPosted:  

I believe that TUB tell that life implantation was roughly 500 million years ago. Interestingly, this roughly corresponds to when the current expansion cycle of space, about half a billion years ago.

PostPosted:  

just fyi, these are the same "microfossils" that were found to be pseudofossils in this research:

Questioning the Evidence for Earth's Oldest Fossils

Quote:
We reinterpret the purported microfossil-like structure as secondary artefacts formed from amorphous graphite within multiple generations of metalliferous hydrothermal vein chert and volcanic glass. Although there is no support for primary biological morphology, a Fischer±Tropsch-type synthesis of carbon compounds and carbon isotopic fractionation is inferred for one of the oldest known hydrothermal systems on Earth

the newer study that al posted is done by the same guy who originally discovered and interpreted them as fossils :-$

PostPosted:  

Does anyone have an opinion about what "1/10 of its present size" means?

One tenth of the Earth's present mass?
One tenth of the Earth's present diameter?
One tenth of the Earth's present surface area?

Let's go ahead and do the proposed calculation once we determine what's above...

PostPosted:  

The figures are in and they are thought provoking. On the average, 60 grams of material would have bombarded every square meter of the planet every day. Any material organism would have to be extremely lucky to survive more than a few hours or minutes. A 10 by 10 meter area, about the size of a house, would be buried in 6 kilograms every day. The planet's radius was growing by 6 mm every year, more than 2 inches.

I'd guess those figures represent a time about 900 million years ago when the atmosphere was building and meteors would start to burn up before reaching the surface. At earlier times the material being deposited would have been significantly greater.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
On the average, 60 grams of material would have bombarded every square meter of the planet every day.

6. CALCIUM - THE WANDERER OF SPACE

41:6.2 Calcium is, in fact, the chief element of the matter - permeation of space throughout Orvonton. Our whole superuniverse is sprinkled with minutely pulverized stone. Stone is literally the basic building matter for the planets and spheres of space. The cosmic cloud, the greater space blanket, consists for the most part of the modified atoms of calcium. The stone atom is one of the most prevalent and persistent of the elements...

41:6.6 Your sun has parted with an enormous quantity of its calcium, having lost tremendous amounts during the times of its convulsive eruptions in connection with the formation of the solar system.

I don't know how many modified calcium stone atoms would amount to 60 grams but they would be coming in from the sun, riding on light beams, and held in place by earths gravity.

I posit that 1/2 billion to a billion years ago, the solar mesotron of our sun was moving through the "cosmic cloud, the greater space blanket" (aka dark matter and dark energy) in an area of high concentrations of calcium and stone atoms. The sun was injected with this high concentration of calcium and stone atoms by mesotronic power and they were then modified and blasted out in all directions by "convulsive eruptions" in the sun. Some accumulated on the earth during the daylight hours, resulting in the earth as we now know it. It is obvious that presently our sun is not energized by high levels of calcium. Probably a good thing for life on earth.

regards, gray

PostPosted:  

Yes, as I was writing the last post I starting wondering what the material would have been and what the typical size of each particle or stone or gigantic meteor would have been. It spontaneously occurred to me, as it apparently did with you, that the bulk of material must have been calcium.

I think today's meteors differ extensively from one billion years ago. Our meteors tend to be large and rocky primarily because they are derived from the shattered remnants of the planet that broke apart on approach to Jupiter and produced the asteroid belt. The earlier days of planet formation must have been very different. An extensive mapping of the sizes of meteor impacts on the surface of each of the planets versus the "sea floor" of tiny particles might elicit some interesting observations.