Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted:  

toto wrote:
We perceive time by analysis. Time is not linear.

I think it is significant that that Urantia Book includes hints explaining a unified field of time and space. It is important that we analyze (measure) the stream of temporal events that is atomic creation, what I call atomic time. Creature consciousness is like a review of a small part of the whole. In the mind of God this time has already happened. As you move closer to God you will begin to remember the future as well as the past in reference to your creature existence..

Many of us have sensed the coming of an apocalypse for a long time. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. "What really, is going on in our world right now?" In America there is a full out assault on our constitution from within the government as well as a cyber war being waged on my country from around the world. The Urantia Book says that the United States constitution would be a good model for a world representative government so the fall of America will be a huge setback for the advancement of world peace. Donald J Trump has the most anti-Christ personality of any U.S. president in history. If He is not stopped I fear that he will launch a tactical nuclear strike on the Korean peninsula or the middle east or both possibly in coordination with Russia. All we can hope for is that enough people wake the f___ up before it's to late. Millions could die. Or maybe if Trump pops off 10 or 20 nukes in Korea and Russia kicks in 10 or 20 in the middle east in an attempt to take control of the entire world they detonate the atmosphere. What a sad end to the story of mankind that would be.

regards gray

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

It's the other way around gray. The planetary government and the revelators are in charge; not presidents. They always have been and always will be.

Problems come about because at every epochal moment, certain deceptive rebellious inciters do what they can to thwart Michael's plan for evolving Urantia towards light and life.

But soon there will be a "wake" to account for when the peak of the spiritual "wave" passes by.

Wanna go surfing?

PostPosted:  

toto - concerning my opinion of Jim George's posts here:

1. I have always found Jim to epitomize sincerity and do not doubt his motives or intentions here at TB.

2. I have always found Jim quite a scholar of the text with a knowledge and understanding of content that is impressive.

3. I have always found Jim to support personal spiritual development, progress, and a personal relationship with God for himself and for any and all others.

4. I have always found Jim to be a tireless servant for kingdom building....as well as fence mender and bridge builder.

This has now been true for over 5 years and many topics and conversations!

There are a couple of issues that, over time, have developed as areas of misunderstanding and/or disagreement. I've previously posted my opinions on those issues where our perspectives diverge.

Mostly this pertains to a peculiar ability presumed by Jim (and others here) to ascertain the spirit/soul standing of others combined with a presumption of knowing what others should be doing. My opinion is that no one knows another's circle progress or position OR their closeness to God OR their work in love and service and that, likewise, no one has any business telling any others what they should be doing or not doing in loving service.

The newest of those issues of concern for me is the prediction of some impending event...and how one even comes to believe oneself capable of such predictions or knowledge. And then there is the "whole new version of human" co-prediction.

But that discussion is between Jim and I. Or you and he or you and I if you decide to comment on such claims within the frame of the topic and discussion. Or you can just keep dogging me and attacking me on every post...as you wish.

8)

PostPosted:  

graybear13 wrote:
I think it is significant that that Urantia Book includes hints explaining a unified field of time and space. It is important that we analyze (measure) the stream of temporal events that is atomic creation, what I call atomic time.

Hi Gray,

When I read this next quote in TUB as few years back I had to rethink the concept of measuring time.

12:5.1 Like space, time is a bestowal of Paradise, but not in the same sense, only indirectly. Time comes by virtue of motion and because mind is inherently aware of sequentiality. From a practical viewpoint, motion is essential to time, but there is no universal time unit based on motion except in so far as the Paradise-Havona standard day is arbitrarily so recognized. The totality of space respiration destroys its local value as a time source.

This suggests to me that the motion of atomic clocks is a local time source that is destroyed by the totality of space respiration. This I presume because space is in motion also.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
toto - concerning my opinion of Jim George's posts here:

1. I have always found Jim to epitomize sincerity and do not doubt his motives or intentions here at TB.

2. I have always found Jim quite a scholar of the text with a knowledge and understanding of content that is impressive.

3. I have always found Jim to support personal spiritual development, progress, and a personal relationship with God for himself and for any and all others.

4. I have always found Jim to be a tireless servant for kingdom building....as well as fence mender and bridge builder.

This has now been true for over 5 years and many topics and conversations!

There are a couple of issues that, over time, have developed as areas of misunderstanding and/or disagreement. I've previously posted my opinions on those issues where our perspectives diverge.

Mostly this pertains to a peculiar ability presumed by Jim (and others here) to ascertain the spirit/soul standing of others combined with a presumption of knowing what others should be doing. My opinion is that no one knows another's circle progress or position OR their closeness to God OR their work in love and service and that, likewise, no one has any business telling any others what they should be doing or not doing in loving service.

The newest of those issues of concern for me is the prediction of some impending event...and how one even comes to believe oneself capable of such predictions or knowledge. And then there is the "whole new version of human" co-prediction.

But that discussion is between Jim and I. Or you and he or you and I if you decide to comment on such claims within the frame of the topic and discussion. Or you can just keep dogging me and attacking me on every post...as you wish.

8)

I believe you Bradly. That deserves a :smile:

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
It's the other way around gray. The planetary government and the revelators are in charge; not presidents. They always have been and always will be...Wanna go surfing?

The Lucifer rebellion is still playing itself out at this moment in time. Are you suggesting that the planetary government and revelators are in charge of and are using the rebellion and all of it's ramifications to bring us to this point of M.A.D.ness ? For what purpose? Maybe it's all just a big cosmic joke.

I think I see a big set coming. Nothing to do but catch a wave and suspend time.

regards gray

PostPosted:  

toto wrote:
12:5.1 The totality of space respiration destroys its local value as a time source.

This suggests to me that the motion of atomic clocks is a local time source that is destroyed by the totality of space respiration. This I presume because space is in motion also.

Only when viewed from the totality of space. There is just to much difference in the scales.

regards, gray

PostPosted:  

graybear13 wrote:
Only when viewed from the totality of space. There is just to much difference in the scales.

I agree that there is a great difference in scale but one must consider that the atoms in an cesium clock are also respiring. There is matter in space and space in matter. And let us not forget that mind has sway over time so there is the "mind over matter" issue of the observer.

PostPosted:  

Totally digging the temporal sidebar here guys... You know, one of my very favorite concepts to ponder when I am contemplating the UB is the idea that there was (as I see it at least) an actual "time before time". The Authors are pretty specific on this, you know, reaching waaaaay back to that grand and awful moment then Havona sprang into existence and the energies of the Master (and Grand) universes were set loose. Before that eternity moment, I wonder, was there no time, no space???... pretty cool eh? And after the Supreme comes into full existence, what then? Will there still be time and space as we know it? The Authors seem to hint that the answer to that is no. Will the seven super-universes be complete and replete? Will evolution as we know it be done? I guess we are gonna have to wait to find out, but for me, its something I never tire of contemplating... Still surfing the universe
Al

PostPosted:  

alwilliams767 wrote:
The Authors are pretty specific on this, you know, reaching waaaaay back to that grand and awful moment then Havona sprang into existence and the energies of the Master (and Grand) universes were set loose. Before that eternity moment, I wonder, was there no time, no space???... pretty cool eh?

12:1.10 ...Havona, the central universe, is not a time creation; it is an eternal existence. This never-beginning, never-ending universe consists of one billion spheres of sublime perfection and is surrounded by the enormous dark gravity bodies. At the center...

Even though Havona is not a time creation, there must be a space for Havona to have its spheres moving elliptically about Paradise. This unique space must be a space that does not join with time as in the time-space creations. As I have surmised before, space must be hyperbolic in order to be joined to circular time in an orthogonal relationship. Only hyperbolas can be orthogonal to circles in their sub absolute manifestations. Only one hyperbola (of infinite hyperbolas) cannot rest orthogonally to a circle and that is the rectangular hyperbola, also known as the inverse function, y=1/x. This unique space is what I suspect that is the unique space intrusion between the dark gravity bodies. And where is this space intruding from? From Havona itself.

This also means that Havona does not participate in space respirations as does the grand Universe.

Sorry to be off topic, just responding to Al's post.

Louis

PostPosted:  

Yeah, Louis, BUT there was a moment (most likely a long one too) BEFORE Havona, and there will be a time AFTER the completion of the Master Universe. What was and what will be time then?

PostPosted:  

Eternity.

PostPosted:  

I have to admit that I could become more effective at eschewing the truths of the urantia book. You are right that we can blame the media but this is my own failing. The cost I must pay in order to adhere to the father's will is that I give my full sincere effort, and when I recognise other human individuals as my brethren, I shall have the proper compassion & motivation. The universe is benevolent unto my cause and therefore I must be assured that the truth will help us to prosper.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I have to admit that I could become more effective at eschewing the truths of the urantia book. You are right that we can blame the media but this is my own failing.

Can you elaborate on your meaning here? I am having trouble understanding what you are saying. To "eschew" something means to keep away from, avoid.

I understand, and agree with you, on the second part of your post.

PostPosted:  

Eschew: I thought it meant "to give away" not "to keep away", as in one who scatters seed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next